purpose of this assignment is to investigate smartphone and social media use in healthcare and to apply professional, ethical, and legal principles to the appropriate use in healthcare versus personal technology.
- CO #2: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO #4)
- CO #6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO #6)
- You are to research, compose, and type a scholarly paper based on the scenario described above. Choose one ending to the scenario to discuss within the body of your paper. Reflect on what you have learned in this class to date about technology, privacy concerns, and legal and ethical issues. These concepts must be addressed in your paper as you consider the use of smartphones and social media in healthcare. Consider the consequences of such a scenario. Do not limit your review of the literature to the nursing discipline only. Other health professionals are using the technology, and you may need to apply critical thinking skills to its applications in this scenario.
- The length of the paper should be four to five pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. Limit the references to a few key sources (minimum of three required).
- Please be sure to site correctly and not plagiarize as I had an issue in the past with an other writer. Thank you