1) Rationale and objectives of study (1 + 2 about 800 words)
(.Clarity . Academic justification . Applied rationale . Clear objectives)
- why is it a topic that worth doing / studying? What is the significant of this topic?
- Emerging interest
- Gap identified in practice (why)
- Something that lead to the interest in doing this topic (3rd party approach, not from the writer’s point of view), get ideas from journal and books
1.2) Objectives of your research (what the research is trying to achieve?) and 2 research question (end it with a ?)
RQ1: Is there a relation between corporate governance and risk management?
RQ2: Can strong systems of corporate governance contribute towards effective risk management?
2) Research Methods – this is a statement of how unique and innovative your work is, whether it achieves a useful new insight into the subject, or simply replicates existing work.
Please state that you are NOT using primary research for this project, instead you have to talk about secondary data you use (please refer to chapter 3 of your textbook to read more on the secondary and tertiary literature sources).
Example of research methods
This report try to analyse the effects of X on Y with referencing of the literature by different authors. This research project report covers two main areas which are P and Q.
The nature of this study is exploratory and descriptive (read Chapter 5 of your textbook on this). The information are collected by searching through the databases such as EBSCO host and Pro Quest, this report thus not going to involve the used of primary data. Instead it is mainly based on secondary sources of data collected from the relevant literature in the books, journals, newspaper, reports and statements.
3) Literature Review and Critical Discussion (.Breadth and depth of coverage .Structure& clarity of review .Critical Analysis .Relevance and quality of references) (about 2,500 words)
- your lit review should include – definition of corp governance, risk and risk mgt. relationship between the two can be included here too.
3.1) Findings and discussion
3.1.1 RQ1: Is there a relation between corporate governance and risk management?
3.2.1 RQ2: Can strong systems of corporate governance contribute towards effective risk management?
4) Conclusion & Recommendations for Future Research (about 800 words)
(.Flow from discussion .Related to questions .Logical/reasonable)
- Summary of your research
- How you would do the research better in the future
Please use APA style (6th edition) for in-text citation and referencing